Another Survey after 2 days: How do I know if a person responded to both surveys? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, 

My survey consists of two different surveys. 

Upon completing the first survey, participants have to come back a day after to complete the remaining part of the survey(different survey link). I will be using Mturk to recruit participants but I am not sure how I should be going about this in terms of tracking participants. When I receive data from both surveys, how do I know, for example, Person A has responded to both surveys? Is IP address the only way to track them? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

We can capture the Mturk  ID in Qualtrics and can do vlook up in excel on both survey data to identify the respondent who answered both the surveys. Another way is we can also create a update contact list task on completion of surveys to check who completed both the surveys.

Hi @hkim ,

In case you are using anonymous link to send it out to participants, you can pass in additional fields in the URL.

for eg:

www.qualtrics.com/form/SV_3223nnnnnn?c_id=1234

www.qualtrics.com/form/SV_44kkkkkk?c_id=1234

Once this setup is done, you need to create “c_id” as an embedded data field in both the surveys

In case you have 2 variables to pass via query string, please refer this:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/#Syntax

Leave a Reply