Any way to tell if customer is using anonymous or personalized survey link? | XM Community
Skip to main content

We sent our original survey invites out using a personalized link for each participant. However, we also need to distribute the link to additional customers...so to make it easier for us to do, we're going to use an anonymous link on the 2nd distribution. For the respondents using the anonymous link, I'd like to use conditional logic to pop up a box where they can add their email address.
Does the platform know (or is there a variable I can query, etc.) whether the respondent is using a personalized or an anonymous link? If so, I could use use display logic to show or skip the question.
The other alternative I can see would be using display logic in a different way. I could check to see if the embedded data has a certain field (say RecipientEmail) that is empty - if so, then I know they weren't in my original contacts list, and so I should pop up the question. Is that a better way to resolve this problem?
Thanks for reading this through 🙂

Hi,
As you might have used a contact list to create the distribution. All the columns you filled in contact list can be accessed in survey using embedded data.
Also the embedded data you mentioned RecipeipentEmail could be used to check, as by default when survey is distributed by email it will have the Recipients email and in case of anonymous survey it will be empty.
So yes, you can check if it empty if the RecipientEmail is empty and based on that you can ask the email question.

OK cool - I figured the 2nd solution was the way to go, but I'm still new to the platform and wanted to get expert opinions. Thank you!

Leave a Reply