Building a table into a question so participants can choose stocks from the table | XM Community
Solved

Building a table into a question so participants can choose stocks from the table

• 3 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am quite new to Qualtrics, but I am writing my thesis right now and I need your help. I am designing a survey right now. Basically, I want to design a question that contains a table. I want to ask my respondents to choose 5 stocks from that table (20 stocks) that have different characteristics. For instance, one stock has a more favourable scenario etc. I created an excel table that lists the stocks (1-20) with 8 characteristics each. How do I get that table in a question without using a picture of it? And if that is possible, how can I let participants choose from this table?
Thank you guys in advance!
Jakob

icon

Best answer by ElieD 8 November 2021, 11:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi JakobKarc,

I thing you should use multiple choice question as you can configure the exact number of choice that will be required for validation.
I heavily suggest you randomize choices to avoid presenting the same first stock to all participants.

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

You could do a Text / Graphic Question type and insert an image or table for the stocks. From there you just make the next question a Multiple choice table with all of the stocks. You could put all the information in a Multiple Choice question, but it's going to be too much with 20 stocks.

Thank you guys for your help!

Leave a Reply