cannot record IDs from URL with survey companies | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, 

I am trying to record IDs from URL with survey companies using embedded data. I followed the steps with the instruction provided by the company but still the IDs (in my case, the variable name is CintID) are empty when I downloaded the data.

I would be so grateful for any help on this. Many thanks.

The screenshots of the setting looks like below:

Hmm … this definitely should work. 

Can you show an example of how the URL looks like that you are using?

Hi, Thanks for your response. Yes, it is very strange. I cannot think of where is wrong so I asked for help here.

here is the redirect link:

https://s.cint.com/Survey/EarlyScreenOut?ProjectToken=fb2f96be-4d17-364e-6304-f36039723ed1

Here is how I set the redirect link.

Looking at your last post, I’m not sure whether I understood your problem correctly.

I thought you wanted to record the “CintID” (that you get via a URL parameter) in an Embedded Data field?  

Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. 

Yes, your understanding is correct. I want to record the “CintID” in an Embedded Data field. I wrongly thought that the URL are the redirect links. What URL are you talking about? Do you mean the survey links? 

It looks like this: 

Yes, the survey links.

If your aim is to record the “CintID” from the URL, then the “CintID” has to be part of the URL that the respondents use to access the questionnaire. So for example:

https://melbourneuni.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bmh1foSmx2ioDGu?CintID=1234567&OtherParameter=9876543

(Or do I misinterpret your question?)

Thanks very much! That make sense. I didn’t know about this. I just sent them the original survey links without adding “CintID”. 

Thanks for your example. So do I add CintID like your example CintID=1234567? Or do I need to change the number 1234567 to other number? Many thanks!

The number 1234567 should be replaced by whatever you want to store in your Embedded Data field “CintID”. 

There’s some more information in this support document:
Embedded Data (qualtrics.com)

Thanks very much for further information. I have read the document and it worked now. Many thanks!

Leave a Reply