Carry forward selections and piped text | XM Community
Question

Carry forward selections and piped text

• 23 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am using carry forward selected answers for a person to answer chemicals handled out of chemicals available. I have embedded selected choices for chemicals handled and they are not displaying when piped in a summary. thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @jessburk,

Could you please let me know which type of Question you are using?

Assuming you’re using ‘Drill Down’ question, the ‘Selected Choices’ piped text for drill down questions displays the categories that the respondent has selected, but not the specific answers within those categories. It provides information on which categories were chosen, but not the actual choices made within those categories.

If you are using the ‘Carry Forward Choices’ feature in Qualtrics, it allows you to copy specific answer choices from one question and bring them into a future question in your survey. However, only one set of choices can be carried forward into a question. If you need to carry forward multiple sets of choices, you can manually input every potential answer choice and then add Display Logic to each answer choice, setting the condition to display only if that choice was selected previously.

If you are trying to display the selected choices in a summary using piped text, make sure you are using the correct syntax to reference the desired previous answer.

Let me know if this helps.

Leave a Reply