Categorization based on MPC answers | XM Community

Categorization based on MPC answers

• 25 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,
Part of my survey contains a set of multiple choice questions (9 questions, 3 answers each, only allowing one answer per question), and they should lead to a categorization of the respondent based on their answers. For each question, the 3 answers point to 3 underlying categories, and if a respondent picks 6 or more answers belonging to the same category, they should be assigned to it.
Is there a way to add some sort of logic to the questions, that causes the survey to add an extra variable telling me whether a respondent belongs to category 1, 2, 3 or none? I've tried messing around with the field editor a lot but can't seem to do it that way.
An enormous thank you if anyone is able to help me with this, and happy holidays!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jef_Klak ,
You can achieve this by creating embedded data (i.e. category) in "survey flow" and applying a branch logic based on the specific question categorization and then assigning value to "category" embedded data accordingly.

Badge +1

image.pngHey MohammedAli_Rajapkar ,
Thank you for your input. I don't fully understand yet though, under "create new field" I should just name my 3 categories? And what value should I assign?
It's maybe an important detail that the categories are strictly for analysis after the survey, nothing in the survey needs to happen based on the first categorization. So maybe that makes things less complicated? Thanks anyways!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The embedded data element you added to the survey flow (as shown in the screenshot you shared in your comment) give a name to that embedded data (I hope you know what embedded data is and how we can name and assign value to it).
Assign the value to that embedded data based on the condition you want to apply to categorization.
Branch logic:
Example:
If Q1 = Option 1 Embedded data ("Category") = 1
If Q1 = Option 2 Embedded data ("Category") = 2
If Q1 = Option 3 Embedded data ("Category") = 3
This is nothing to do with "create new field".

Leave a Reply