Clicked Link Status (for CTR) - Email Distribution Statuses | XM Community
Skip to main content

We have a fairly high Open Rate of 47% but the Survey Start Rate is 8%. Where can I find the “Clicked Link” status for the clicks on the individual links so I can calculate the Click through rate (CTR)?

I do not see this as a data point under the Distribution Statuses. I’m trying to understand who is converting on the email link (CTR), and who is dropping off before the Survey Start.

If the CTR is low (similar to Start rate), then we need to optimize the email. If the CTR is higher than the Start rate, then we need to optimize the survey landing/start page.

If this is not available, where can I submit the feature request?

AND has anyone solved this with a commercial link tracking software? You would need to preface the dynamically generated link with a link forwarder/tracker that supports a query string parameter for a dynamic URL value.

@nkerzman I believe Start Rate is considered CTR. Once you go in the link it’s already mark your survey as started.

@nkerzman start rate should your CTR when it comes to qualtrics statuses, there is not a separate status as @dxconnamnguyen mentioned. Similar to your other post we have done manual testing of this in my org and found this to be the case most the time, but if you were to close the browser before survey loaded then the start may not be recorded - so your right you may have a drop off here. 

We also had issue when using an in-line question within an email to start the survey, that when clicking a response only sometimes the response was recorded, but typically still shown as started.

@ScottG and @dxconnamnguyen thanks again for your insights here. I did some light research on Qualtrics docs regarding link generation and if I could use a 3rd part link tracking service (e.g. bit.ly, TinyURL, etc.) to support capturing the “click”, but not sure the complexity warrants the implementation. I did submit a request for tracking this click in Evolve. Thanks again for the input.

@nkerzman.  Yeah that is a thought I’ve had previously but didn’t progress with.  If you do ever try it, let us know how it goes. PS-  I have upvoted your evolve idea (EV-2128)

Leave a Reply