Collaborating with Others but with Limits allowing them to add notes per question with no edits | XM Community
Skip to main content

I want to collaborate with others in my organization so they can review the survey questions and add notes to individual questions but I want to limit their ability to make any edits to the actual question at all, disable changing the wording, deleting questions, or messing with survey flow. I just want feedback to be allowed without allowing direct changes at all to the survey...Just navigate through the survey, review, and add comments within the Qualtrics platform and I can't seem to allow people only those permissions when collaborating - it is either all or nothing. So is this possible to limit collaboration to reviewing and adding comments or not? Seems pretty basic and straightforward.
please let me know of any hacks

I don't believe there is a permission for adding/editing notes. I think the closest you can come is under 'Edit' permissions check 'Edit Survey' and uncheck all other Edit permissions. They will be able to view the survey, but not edit anything.

scapran
Qualtrics does not allow this.
Hence, the best way would be to export the survey in word and create a shared doc and let everyone know to add comments for changes. You can make the google doc read only and turn on commenting within restrictions. We had a similar use case and did it in this manner. If you do not make it readonly you can always check versions as well.

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply