conditional choices (large scale) | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am designing a survey which will be applied in 20 different classes. I have 20 different excel files with the list of students.
I am trying to implement the following.
Q1: Select your class.
Q2: Select your name from the list below.
The way I am doing it currently: 20 different Q2's conditioned on Q1. Depending on the participant's class choice in Q1, the class list of that class is shown. I am searching for an easier way of implementing this.

Example with 2 classes:
Q1. Select class:
a. 1
b. 2
Q.2 (not shown) 1:
A
B
Q3. (not shown) 2:
C
D
Q4. Choose your name:
I want A,B or C,D to be choices here depending on whether class 1 or 2 is selected.

Drill-down question option is probably the best here to meet your specific need.
Another option is to create a distribution list with all the students and classes as embedded data fields, upload as contact list, and send students email invitations to review specific classes (you can put the name of the class in subject and/or body of the email). You can pipe the names of the class into the survey as well, and the responses will be specific to those classes taking the work away from the student having to select their class and name, and also allowing for additional privacy as opposed to showing all names to them.

Leave a Reply