Conditionally Displaying Embedded Data Based on Answer Choices | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I'm working on a survey where people select which bus routes they currently ride. Some of those routes have proposed changes, while others do not. For those routes that proposed changes, I have created an embedded data field that then describes the change.
After respondents select their routes, I would like to display a message in a text/graphic question that describes a warning with the embedded data field about the changes to the routes they use.
How can I skip over the embedded data display if that option is not blank without leaving awkward spaces (or semicolons).

image.pngimage.png

evanscq
I believe the question text where you have piped these embedded data's you have included semicolons again apart from the embedded data value where you have already included semicolon at the end of value. If you just include it in survey flow that should suffice and remove the unnecessary semi colons and spaces. Your embedded data is getting skipped automatically in the current scenario as well because of branch logic.
Hope it helps!

Why don't you just set Display logic on a text field in the survey, so when they mark one route the text is immediately displayed underneath?
All the best
-Mattias

MattiasM
Even I had that in my first thought but I presumed that it would be difficult to mark and note down again and again as there would be multiple routes. Hence, just marking all of it first and getting all the results at once approach is used here. Also making changes in embedded data based on branch logic is easier than changing a text graphic question according to me as you have the logic right above. But that's my assumption i will let evanscq confirm that why inpage display logic was not used.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51319#Comment_51319Yeah it would mean you have several alternatives and it could quickly be a long survey design :)
Depending on the number of buses and re-routes it might be better to fix it in the "background" of the Survey Flow as you suggested.

Leave a Reply