copy survey to a live survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi 

I have made quite a few changes to my current live survey and the link is embedded in our internal portal. We don’t want to change the link and survey since yoy comparison becomes difficult. Is it possible the copy over the changes from a different survey to the current live survey without losing the data? I have added a few questions and removed some. But instead of making the changes in the survey one by one I created a new one tested it and just want to copy it over the live one. 

Hi 

I have made quite a few changes to my current live survey and the link is embedded in our internal portal. We don’t want to change the link and survey since yoy comparison becomes difficult. Is it possible the copy over the changes from a different survey to the current live survey without losing the data? I have added a few questions and removed some. But instead of making the changes in the survey one by one I created a new one tested it and just want to copy it over the live one. 

@mdaruka you have to implement all the changes in your live survey one by one, you cannot copy over changes also its a live survey with data coming in , so you need to be careful when you publish those changes.

@Nikkki Thank you. is there any better way apart from copying one by one?

I don't think so there's another way to do that @mdaruka 

Copying the changes one by one is the only solution.

Few important things to note while working on this movement -

1. Whenever you are adding any new question / logic in the current program, please make sure to do thorough check that the implemented logic is not getting hampered anywhere
  2. You also mentioned that there are some question deletions, in this case dont delete the question altogether. You must only hide it else the previous data will get impacted
  3. Do ensure that the logics implemented are not published till everything is finalized...you dont want the changes to be seen in live version untested :)   

Best of Luck

@Swanand_Chavan_Ugam  thank you. 

Leave a Reply