Creating a piped text / embedded data formula | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I wanted to create a formula in order to later use the data + show the results at the end of the survey for my participants, but for some reason I can't get it right.
I need to subtract one factor from the other and my questionnaire is in Hebrew so I created a few versions of the formula just to make sure what is the right combination.
Those are my factors:
co - ${gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean}
mrat - ${gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean}
I would like to substract mrat from co (co - mrat), so those are the versions I created by neither is working.
$e{ gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean - gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean }
{ gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean - gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean }#$
$e{ gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean - gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean }
{ gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean - gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean​​​​​​​ }#$
${gr://SC_8uoMmrrJSO1RLls/WeightedMean}
${gr://SC_cLPINbSIeRMxeNE/WeightedMean}

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Have a good weekend,

Daniel

Are they initialized as numbers? I would try to store them as new embedded data.
I would also try to first make sure your embedded data is stored correctly by using a piped text to display them in a Text/Graphic question.

Yes, I did that.
The problem was in the equation itself.
Thankfully I was able to solve it with the help of the support. We simply put the equation as embedded data and then displayed it as piped text.

Leave a Reply