Cross tabulations / Entire table set | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello!
I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with:
Is it possible to run an entire table set (not one table at a time) in the cross tabulations section?
Thanks in advance!

Hello Veronika
My name is Thomas and I am a CX practitioner at Iron Mountain. I think I know what you are asking, but I'm clarifying to be sure. Are you asking about whether or not you can run table sets with all variable in your data set against all other tables in your data set automatically without having to choose the variables one by one?
Please confirm. Also, can you share more about what it is you are trying to accomplish? I enjoy answering questions, but maybe a little more context would help me here.
Thanks,
Thomas

Hi ThomasW_IronMountain,
Thanks for your help. We are doing a market research study with about 40 questions, and we would like to get the results of all 40 questions against a variety of banner points, such as market segment, age, gender, etc.
We just want a complete set of the results across these banner points, but it seems that we can only get results for one question at a time.
Thanks!
Veronika

Hi Veronika ,
I believe what you are trying to accomplish can be done in two different ways. Yes, I believe you can use Cross-tabs for this, according to the Qualtrics Support page on Cross-tabs you can "perform multivariate analysis on two or more variables at the same time." Here is that article: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/cross-tabulation/cross-tabulation-overview/
You can also perhaps achieve your goal using another tool in Stats iQ -- using the "Relate" functionality. Here is that article: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/stats-iq/analyses/relate-data/
Personally, I start by selecting all the variables and just running a "Describe" on all the variables first. Then I open a new "Workspace" and run the "Relate" on the variables I hypothesize will have interesting results and go from there.
Helpful?
Thomas

Leave a Reply