Data Comparisons? | XM Community
Question

Data Comparisons?

• 28 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have 3 different matrix tables that are identical in scoring and parameters, but are each evaluating a different product. I would like to create a results widget that compares the results of the 3 matrix tables in one chart. How do I compare the data from multiple questions into one chart, as a side-by-side comparison separating by each product?

For example, users are evaluating 3 different LMS platforms and I would like to show the side-by-side comparison of how each LMS is rated on the matrix likert scale for each parameter (design, usability, course creation, etc). 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

One of the way is to create three field group for each product and then create three widgets side by side to compare.

Other way can be to create field group for one matrix parameter, so this field group will have 1 parameter field for each product i.e. three fields in total. This widget will provide comparison of a parameter between the products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Since the scale for each matrix question is same so you can have 1 field group where you add statements from all 3 matrix question and keep the field type as "number set”.

Then to show it in one widget/shart, you will have to add metrics based on the number of scale you have in your question. For example, if you have 5 scale rating then there will be five metrics and for each metrics you will have to use "top box” so for first metric select 1 to 1, for second one select 2 to 2 for third one select 3 to 3, for fourth one select 4 to 4 and for the fifth one select 5 to 5.

Leave a Reply