Data upload showing some Chinese texts | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi All,

When I try to upload a csv file with embedded data field, in the mapping page Im getting these chinese scrips for some reason.

There is no  long texts in the file. and no chinese. There are only some ids, gender and age

Does anyone has faced similar issue.

I’ve never had this before. I tried to replicate it by uploading different types of documents, but everything either loaded correctly or I received an error message stating that it was unsupported. Have you tried reopening the document you’re trying to upload from to make sure it’s not corrupted and/or resaving it as a new CSV file? 

@Amanda.Padgett I tried those. Not sure whats causing

Here you go: Scroll to the bottom of this page and it gives an example that looks exactly like yours. Your file is saved in an incompatible format. Even if you save it as a CSV file, it has to have UTF-8 encoding or you’ll get strange characters instead of your data. 

I found this forum regarding how to save a CSV file with UTF-8 encoding and there are a couple different methods that people found worked for them. Hope this helps!

Are you for serious. That was the thing. I saved the excel as UTF-8 format and it worked. Thanks a million @Amanda.Padgett 

Leave a Reply