Decimals recoding shows in data as either text or numbers | XM Community
Skip to main content

I recoded all my Likert-scale questions to a 10-point scale (e.g. 7.5 for “Agree”). 

However, in the results I see that Qualtrics sometimes carries over the decimal, sometimes the textual version of the choice. It doesn't seem to affect the averages in the Dashbaord, but it's not ideal. 

How can I make this consistent without manually messing with the data?

Can you please share the screenshot of scales text in the question and recode values of each scale?

Hi @ArunDubey, of course:

I’m not sure, if system allows to take float values. Even in support site says to recode with any positive Integer values. Instead of that you should use score or you can create embedded field and punch the value into it.

Scoring (qualtrics.com)

Please read recode process as well.

Recode Values (qualtrics.com)

I did read the recode process, but then Support advised me to just use float values in the Recode window.

So you suggest I should leave the Recorde of the Likert-scale questions to 1-6 and then score them with 0-10?

Can I use the scores in the Dashboard widgets the same way I do the recoded values?

Yes, you can use it as number set and can show average of all response. Please populate few test runs in your dashboard before going live.

Leave a Reply