Default choices for completing the same block more than once | XM Community
Skip to main content

In survey flow, some of our responders may complete survey blocks more than once. However, when they are taken to the same block the second time, their initial responses are already there (multiple choice, write-in, constant sum, etc.) I see that each response has it's own unique data column in the CSV file, so I know it's not being overwritten.
If someone has already responded to a block and go back to it again in the same survey, can I revert the block to it's default state instead of showing previous selections?

TTUOPA
You can do this via loop and merge . Each loop will have the same block but with no previously filled response.
Hope it helps!

So this helps, but I'm still having an issue. I have a survey flow that uses 6 blocks that repeat based on embedded data. For example, one responder might have two surveys to complete. The first survey they answer block 1, and then the second survey the answer block 1 and 5. However, the loop and merge wants to loop each block individually. Is there a way to keep the survey flow and still have loop and merge?

TTUOPA
You cannot loop two blocks at once. You have to then create one single block and use display logic instead of branch logic to create the desired flow.
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply