Disable equal or lesser scale points in one statement of matrix table based on another statement in same table | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, I have a matrix table where I’m asking respondents to select what scale level they are at today, and what their goal scale level is. (Today and Goal being the two statements.) I would like to set up logic where if they select one level for “today”, they cannot choose the same or lesser level as goal. My statements are set up as the columns, and the scale points as the rows (due to formatting). 

This validation can be added by making today and goal as statement and level as scale point. Use transpose option to convert it in the required look and feel. 

Now add custom validation that goal (recode) is greater than today recode (pipe in the selected recode for statement today in textbox of condition).

Hi, thank you @Shashi , unfortunately I have it set up this way due to the formatting. With the bullets and amount of information the client has asked be in each level on the left, placing those scale points across the top in columns instead of rows throws the formatting off making it look messy and uneven. 

@adawson,

It seems there is a misunderstanding. Based on your original description your question is already transposed as @Shashi recommends, and therefore his solution will work - you just need to add the custom validation.  The condition would look like:

Goal (recode) is greater than ${q://QIDx/SelectedAnswerRecode/1}

where QIDx is the QID of your question.

WONDERFUL! That did it! I appreciate you guys!!

Leave a Reply