Discrete choice experiment with pictures | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear All,
This is the first time I use Qualtrics because people recommended it as a very good tool for the discrete choice experiment I would like to design. I have a collection of 16 different drawings of urban design (.jpeg) and would like to display 2 out of these 16 in a random manner in each question. With a tick box under each drawing for respondents to mark the one they prefer. It should be a random process without replacement, i.e. all 16 drawings are displayed in 8 questions. Does anybody know how to do that in Qualtrics?
Thank you so much for your help!
Arie

ArieRomein
You can include 2 randomizer in survey flow and include 8 embedded data elements in each of them.
Those 8 embedded data in each randomizer will have the same name and different value(img source).
(Include images in graphics library and write it as html source for embedded data value.)
Check the evenly present elements.
Pipe those 2 embedded data in all 8 questions.( Multiple choice-> Single answer)
You will see all 16 images in 8 questions.
Hope it helps!

Dear Deepak,
Because I am a first-time user of Qualtrics it will be a big challenge. But because your solution is step-wise I feel confident that I can do it. Many, many thanks!
Best, Arie

ArieRomein
Let me know if you face issues. I'm sure this will work just fine.

Sure, I'll let you know. Many thanks again!

Leave a Reply