Distribution History: "Email Not Sent" | XM Community
Skip to main content

I sent out a survey to 66 recipients. After the emails were sent out, I noticed that 51 out of the 66 were sent. When I checked the distribution history, 15 of the contacts had the value of "Email Not Sent" under the "Status" column. Then, I checked the emails in the distribution history to see if I noticed a pattern that would explain why these email were not sent and I did not find any. Can anybody explain what this means (some emails were not sent) and why this happens? Thank you.

According to the support page this is only supposed to happen if email address is blank: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/email-distribution-error-messages/#DistributionStatuses

There's also an option for not yet sent, but you only sent 66 invites so I don't think that should apply to you. Did you check to make sure the emails aren't duplicates or opted out?

Hi. Thank you for your response (and questions). None of the emails are duplicates. Turns out that the emails labelled as "Email Not Sent" had not been sent until later when I checked again.

Leave a Reply