Dropout / Abandon table | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
Recent convert from Decipher (Forsta) here. In Decipher, we had a way to easily view how many dropouts/abandons occurred at each question in the survey (see image). Furthermore, it showed us the average amount of time spent at each question. This was a ready-made chart that updated in real time.
I have searched high and low for something similar in Qualtrics and have come up empty handed. Is there an easy way to see this data (without exporting everything and manually calculating attrition at each question)?
Thank you!
Decipher2.JPG

JSchuett1
Unfortunately, Question level data is not available as a readymade feature but you can track progress via the progress field. You can also make chart like that in dashboard. Time is something that have to be calculated via JS and needs to be pushed. If there is a need of seeing dropouts on an overall distribution level you can view that via Respondent Funnel. Try exploring it, you will come across something good.
Hope it helps!

Thanks Deepak. I have Core XM - I'm not aware of a dashboard feature? I've tried to add "progress" to a report in the Reports tab, but all I see is 100% - it doesn't show me any in-progress responses. Can you add in-progress responses to the Report (or to the Results, or anywhere else) to see this?
We don't want to have to close out in-progress responses - we'd like to keep these open for people to return to finish. But I'm hoping to find a way to build a table so we can readily access information about in-progress responses, as opposed to exporting the data, creating a table to show how many are 20% complete, 50% complete, etc. Thanks!

JSchuett1
It shows you 100% for either of these reasons:

1. You have kept partial responses to delete after a certain period

2. All your respondents have completed the survey till end

Yes you can add it to Reports tab

Deepak
Yes, we need to keep partial responses open for the entire length of the survey as we often have respondents come back to finish later. So there is no way to view these partials in a table without closing them out? Thanks!

JSchuett1 ,
We use web services to populate our own fielding dashboard that can track partials. This post will provide a bit more detail.

JSchuett1
Currently OOTB there is not a feature where you can see partials on dashboard before recording them. But after recording you can use "Finished" variable as "False" filter to differentiate which are completed and which are partial.
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply