Email different portions of survey to different users | XM Community
Skip to main content

I utilize Qualtrics as a feedback tool for student learning in a medical school. A faculty member provides feedback to students that act in different roles. I am trying to see if there is a way to email different portions of a survey to different students. I need one text entry box sent to one student and another text entry box sent to another student all via email.

Hey dbarbour ,
If the role is included as embedded data on an imported contacts list, you can change the display logic on a per question basis to show or hide questions based on their role. In order to add the embedded data you need to have already imported the contact list into Qualtrics.
Once you are in the project. In Survey Flow add a new element and choose Embedded Data, choose Create New Field and choose "Add from Contacts"
Select the appropriate list and it will display the options available, choose student role or whatever the field is labeled.
Go back to the survey and select the object you want to apply the logic. Click "Display logic" in the Edit Question section.
Choose Embedded Data, choose the appropriate field name, then from there you determine whether you want to hide or show the question based on the chosen value (role).
Be sure to test this yourself or with a teammate to ensure the questions behave the way you intend.
Hope this helps!

Leave a Reply