Email task - Workflow error message | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

While trying to set up a new workflow in a CX survey, I get this error message at the bottom of my Email Task: “Select this task to finish configuring it”.

I've opened the said task and filled in all the required fields, but this message keeps appearing and prevents me from activating my complete workflow. The other tasks seem to be fully functional. 

I've tried to delete the task and create a new one, but I still get the same message on the new task.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the situation? 

Hello everyone,

While trying to set up a new workflow in a CX survey, I get this error message at the bottom of my Email Task: “Select this task to finish configuring it”.

I've opened the said task and filled in all the required fields, but this message keeps appearing and prevents me from activating my complete workflow. The other tasks seem to be fully functional. 

I've tried to delete the task and create a new one, but I still get the same message on the new task.

@Sophieroy Did you leave any field empty?

Maybe have you checked to make sure that you conditions are correct before the task?

Hello everyone,

@Sophieroy Did you leave any field empty?

@dxconnamnguyen No, everything is filled - see screenshot below: 

The issue is the expiration date. If you put expire after 12 months or something similar, the error should go away.

The issue is the expiration date. If you put expire after 12 months or something similar, the error should go away.

Oh yeah, I did replicate that error. It might be a glitch, I’m using never all the time without any problem. @Sophieroy You can still go back to an set never again on the response report section, the glitch should go away.

OMG, it worked! I changed the expiration to 12 months and everything works now. I was even able to make the change to reset the expiration to "never" right afterwards, without any issues. 

Thank yo SO MUCH @ash123 and @dxconnamnguyen for your help, I really appreciate it!! 🤗

Leave a Reply