Email trigger after completing a block | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have numerous blocks in a survey and I would like to set an email trigger each time a respondent completes a block. I know I can set an email trigger after respondents complete a survey, but can I set an email trigger after respondents complete a block? If so, how do I do this? Or, is there a workaround if not directly possible?

Thanks!

I don't believe you can accomplish this with built in methods. If you had access to a email server/service you could add a web service block after each block and use embedded data to send it to trigger the email, but would be pretty reliant on the third party system/setup. For instance if you used something like Power Automate/or similar service which can accept http requests, you could have them accept the request and then send the email.

Thanks very much Brian - that was what I feared :(

I was also wondering if I could 'trick' it by setting a Condition in each Block via the Add a Condition in the Email Trigger option - and whenever a respondent met the Condition as they hit that point in a Block, it would trigger an email. But I cannot seem to get this to work and I suspect I am not fully understanding this Add a Condition option and/or Incomplete Responses.

Not sure if anyone else has some more wisdom on this to help me?

Thanks for considering!

AJM

Yeah, as far as I know the actions are based on a completed response or an updated response, so I'm not sure that would work but would be interested if someone knows a workaround there.

I am in need of this same feature (i.e. email trigger based on the completion of a specific block). Did you ever find a work around?

I found a workaround by using the Action options: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/setting-up-actions/#ScheduledvsEvent

At the end of a Block, insert a question that respondents click on to answer that sets a trigger for an email (you set the condition in Actions).

I think you can also do it in the more basic Post Survey options, but from what I can tell (though I may be wrong), you can't pipe in a respondent-supplied email address - whereas in Actions you can (which is what I wanted).

Based on my experience, I needed to PUBLISH the survey to test and check it was working. Prior to that I hadn't been Publishing it (just using it in Preview mode) which is why I thought the feature wasn't working.

But it is early days for me - and I may find a fatal flaw in this approach ...!

I am also interested in this feature.

Same! Has anyone managed to find a solution yet?

Leave a Reply