Embedding logic for Piped Text | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I know that what I am trying to accomplish should be straightforward but I can't seem to think about how to make it so. I have a survey where in one question we are asking attributes of the respondent's children (e.g., name, age, etc.). We want to then take the name of the youngest child and pipe that in to a series of questions about that child's activities. I can think through some branching that should be able to do this but it seems too complicated to have to create parallel sets of questions just to accomplish this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

amaltese - Did you try loop and merge? - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/

Mishraji - yes, I originally set it up this way, but for efficiency I moved to asking an initial side by side question (see below) that gathers a bunch of information about all the family's kids and then we want to specify the youngest (but within a given age range) to ask a set of deeper questions.
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 8.53.16 PM.png

Leave a Reply