Empty Reference Survey Issue When Passing Information Via Query Strings | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
Has anyone had the issue of using a reference survey multiple times within the same survey and then suddenly the questions are still showing up again, but the answers that were selected earlier in the survey suddenly stop displaying? The answers need to be re-displayed for the purposes of updating/editing previous responses. Historically, I have had random, glitchy things happen with reference surveys, but it really is the best option I know of because I have to potentially re-display the reference survey several times for each record in my main survey and I have a lot of logic that I need to re-use over and over again in the survey flow. The only solutions I have found so far are temporary but eventually break again. If I remove the survey from a certain part of the survey, re-add it and then publish, the previous participants answers start showing again, but it eventually stops working correctly. I can also just add the blocks within the reference survey, but then I lose the ability to use the survey flow in the reference survey. The only thing I can think of that may cause an issue like this is adding questions that only certain participants can view but were not originally displayed to the first user. Any suggestions??

Martin_O If you haven't already, I’d recommend reviewing this support page on reference surveys and this support page on query strings to help you get started. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the  Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 😁

Leave a Reply