Error of scoring | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am currently conducting a survey experiment using a 7-point Likert scale. However, I've encountered an issue where the data is displaying incorrect values, such as 8 and 11. I need to proceed with the survey urgently, so any guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am currently conducting a survey experiment using a 7-point Likert scale. However, I've encountered an issue where the data is displaying incorrect values, such as 8 and 11. I need to proceed with the survey urgently, so any guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@mooooo25 I’m guessing you download raw data with recode value or viewing the recode value in dashboard

Did you ever delete a choice in that question? Your recode value might have been shifted. Check that section in the question.
If it’s not the case, let me know where are you having the issue, you scoring topic tag make me confuse.
Hope this helps

@dxconnamnguyen 

Thank you for your message! I apologize for any confusion, as I'm not very familiar with Qualtrics.

As you mentioned, I might be seeing recoded values, which are values that have been converted from one response to another, either within the raw data or on the dashboard.

When creating the survey, I might have previously deleted an option for that particular question, and the recoding values might have shifted due to subsequent changes.This might be the cause of the issue.

I'm considering creating the same survey from scratch once again.

Although I haven't resolved the issue yet, I wanted to express my gratitude for now.

@dxconnamnguyen

Thank you for your message! I apologize for any confusion, as I'm not very familiar with Qualtrics.

As you mentioned, I might be seeing recoded values, which are values that have been converted from one response to another, either within the raw data or on the dashboard.

When creating the survey, I might have previously deleted an option for that particular question, and the recoding values might have shifted due to subsequent changes.This might be the cause of the issue.

I'm considering creating the same survey from scratch once again.

Although I haven't resolved the issue yet, I wanted to express my gratitude for now.

@mooooo25 You don’t need to make it all from scratch. You just need to change the recode, then the viewing will be fine.

Leave a Reply