Excluding download of certain timer metrics | XM Community
Solved

Excluding download of certain timer metrics

• 18 August 2021
  • 3 replies

REPOST
Hi, I'm reposting a question I had from July 7th which hasn't been answered in the hope that someone sees it this time around, I hope that's ok:

----------------
Hi,
I'm doing a study that involves a great many loops over a great many blocks. Long story short, when I download data, there's a great many columns. I'm using the timer question, but I only really need the last click or the page submit metric. Unfortunately with the structure of the study, having the extra 3 metrics actually means 60,000 additional columns which I really don't care about. Is there a way to pick and choose which timer metrics to include?
Thanks in advance,
Casper
----------------

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 24 August 2021, 15:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Casperhp Sorry to have not seen your question earlier: if you are downloading directly into a CSV or Excel file, I don't think you have any choice other than to manually remove the extra columns (I know, that's a pain). But if you are using a web data connector to export into another application (in my case, it's Tableau), you should be able to pick and choose which columns to export.
Alternatively (and perhaps I'm not totally understanding what you mean by a timer question), if you are looking for the time that the survey was submitted, that should be captured through the embedded data in the survey, I think even by default.
I hope that helps! I'm also upvoting your question so that it gets more attention.

Excellent, thank you Adam! I'm pretty sure it answers my question, but just to make it more explicit, this is what I mean by a timer question:

Question choice:
image.png
How it appears when constructing the survey:
image.png
The 4 metrics it records:
image.png
So if I understand correctly (in which case I'll mark your answer as accepted), there's no way for me to remove any of the metrics within the survey constructor, but I can use a web data connector to remove columns before exporting the data into excel?

Thanks for the response!

Casper

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Casperhp I think that's the case. There are also default data on every survey that will give you the exact time that the respondent submits the survey--it should automatically appear when you look at the data on the data analysis tab, or when you download into a CSV/excel file. I'm glad it's helpful!

Leave a Reply