Formatting for highlight question type text | XM Community
Skip to main content

For the text used for the highlight question type, there does not seem to be any formatting available, including even paragraphing or tabs to mark new paragraphs. Is there any way to format text to at least mark new paragraphs.
Javascript is beyond me. In a pinch, I might be able to handle css. But perhaps there is some more obvious way?

Hi there, you should be able to add paragraphs by clicking into edit the highlight text and then hitting Enter on your keyboard to add the line breaks. I do not think there is a way to add tabs, but hitting space bar 5-10 times should work well to put an indent in place. Could look like the below:
HighlightQuestionFormatting.png

Thanks for your response, but I am afraid it does not work for me. When I click on "click to edit highlight text" I am unable to make any changes to the text I pasted in. When I click with the mouse in the text field, no insertion point appears and nothing else happens.
I do see that if I type text directly in that I can add returns for extra vertical space between paragraphs. But it seems that once I paste in text I am unable to do so. Am I doomed to having to retype all my text, or is there a way around this?

Leave a Reply