Fraud detection: Duplicate response vs multiple responses in progress | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, I have some participants that are being flagged as duplicate responses by qualtrics where they had several responses in progress, but I am only seeing one completed response associated with that participant’s email.  I am wondering if they are being flagged as a duplicate from the multiple responses in progress or if there is a separate completed “participant” response that is actually the same person (i.e., ballot stuffing).

Is it possible if they open the survey multiple times, and have multiple responses in progress, but only complete one of them, that this would be flagged as a duplicate? Or does qualtrics only flag duplicates from the responses that have already been completed? 

Any tips on how to parse this out would be appreciated!

The RelevantID dupe check happens when the respondent starts the survey. So, the first response won’t be flagged as a dupe and every subsequent response will be flagged as a dupe regardless of whether they are complete, partial, or in-progress.

Leave a Reply