Generate an automatic report every few days | XM Community
Solved

Generate an automatic report every few days

Badge +2

Hi,

I want a report to be sent after a few days to one or more emails of the people who completed the survey. 
I think this is done through Triggers?

I would also like to know if a report can be sent automatically on a daily or weekly basis, is it possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tannerfaragher 15 May 2023, 23:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello there! One use case I’ve seen someone accomplish is create a page in the Results tab in your survey project (adding in widgets as you’d like, or the data you’d like to see), set a filter on the parameters (EX: last 7 days of results), and then you can set up a Recurring Email to be sent out that includes a PDF of that page!

You would do this by going to the download icon on the top right and click “Email Dashboard”. Then, you could choose to have it sent on a weekly or monthly basis. If you need it more often than that, you could create multiple distributions of that export (for example, one on Monday and one on Wednesday). You can send it to any email as well! Let me know if this helps!

Badge +2

@tannerfaragher thank you!!

Is there a way to send the report in excel format? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Yesid, you are very welcome! 

Yes, you can adjust the export type by clicking the pencil icon next to the “Attach Report” option. Here are the options available if you choose the recurring email option:

In this case, you can choose .csv and it will open a comma-separate value file type in Excel.

I hope this helps! Thanks for the great question.

Badge +2

Hi @tannerfaragher thanks for the help,

Another question, can I edit the information that is generated in the report?
For example the report brings the survey answers, but I would like to add the date as well.
I would also like to adjust the format of the report, usually the information is in one column, but I want to sort them in a better way. 
Is this possible?

Leave a Reply