How can I allow people to withdraw from a survey and also end their session? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have seen a number of methods to allow people to withdraw/exit from a survey. I have tried these and they work, except that the survey session is remains open as an open response. I would like to have the session closed and recorded once the person has withdrawn. Is there a way to do this?
My use case is for people responding to a survey using public access terminals, e.g. at a library. I need to allow for multiple responses from the same computer, but I need to ensure that the next person clicking on the survey URL is taken to a new session at the beginning of the survey. If a previous respondent has just abandoned the survey or withdrawn with their session still open, the next person will be taken to where they left off.
I am using the same survey for other people not using shared computers, so I still want to be able to have save and continue turned on. If there is a way to end and record a session as finished when clicking a withdraw button, that would be ideal.
Thanks

it sounds like your issue is that you want to not save and continue. Your question seems to want the person to hit a "withdraw" button, but the real problem is that they may not hit any button, just exit. And then the next person would resume that persons partial survey. I think your best solution is to make it NOT be save and continue on the shared computer. And use a different copy of your survey for those not using shared machines. You can pull the data from the two different versions into on report (Reports allows you to pull from different surveys), and this should allow you to keep the two different sources separate if you want to view them separately.

Leave a Reply