How can I assign participants to 4 conditions which should be grouped as 2 in a longitudinal study? | XM Community
Solved

How can I assign participants to 4 conditions which should be grouped as 2 in a longitudinal study?

• 6 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I am currenty preparing survey for my thesis.I have 4 groups; visual-immersed, visual-distanced, linguistic-immersed and linguistic-distanced as experimental conditions.I want to randomly assign participants to one of these four conditions.I used randomizer with blocks to do this.Here is my problem, there are two sessions in the study. I want participants who were in visual immersed condition in time 1 to assign to visual distanced condition in time 2; and visual distanced to assign to visual immersed.It is the same logic with linguistic conditions. So, visual and linguistic conditions should not be mixed. How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by ElieD 8 November 2021, 10:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi senanur,

Do you have a participant list from witch you will configure distribution ?

If so, the easy way could be to divide your groups before the first session and assign each participant an embedded data corresponding to their group.
You will then be able to assign the right path in the survey flow for each session, based on the participant group.

Hi ElieD, Thank you for your answer. I don't have a participant list yet. I will consider changing the design.

Leave a Reply