How can score be 0 in stars slider question? | XM Community
Solved

How can score be 0 in stars slider question?

• 25 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello all and good afternoon from a windy Sweden!

I need to ask you intelligent people because I can not recreate this behavior. 

We have a 5-scale stars slider in one of our surveys. The question has a Force Response set on it so people must fill it out. 

But now I received a response where the score is “0”. How is that possible? 

Thanks in advance

-Mattias

icon

Best answer by Deepak 25 May 2023, 17:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Do you have some recoding set in recode values in question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Do you have some recoding set in recode values in question?

Hi!

No, “Recode Values” does not even come up as an alternative for the slider question. 

Thanks

-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@MattiasM

The stars are a slider type question type. Hence, you can slide it to 0 you can check the below GIF for the information. Hence, if someone goes ahead they can slide back. Default value would be empty but if they go ahead and come back it is 0. Even if it’s force response you can actually slide to 0 and Qualtrics consider it as answer. Hence, you can have custom validation to not have 0 as answer.

Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

@MattiasM

The stars are a slider type question type. Hence, you can slide it to 0 you can check the below GIF for the information. Hence, if someone goes ahead they can slide back. Default value would be empty but if they go ahead and come back it is 0. Even if it’s force response you can actually slide to 0 and Qualtrics consider it as answer. Hence, you can have custom validation to not have 0 as answer.

Hope it helps!

Good morning from a cloudy Sweden @Deepak !

Aaaah, I never “slided” I just clicked the stars! 

Is there any way I can set some restrictions so that people can not respond with a 0? 

Thanks in advance

-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@MattiasM 

Add a custom validation to not have 0 as a answer.

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply