How do I auto-select the language of a survey based on a question in a previous survey? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have longitudinally connected two surveys and offer the second survey in 4 languages. I have a question on the first survey (essentially a survey to request a survey) that asks what language the following survey should appear in. I have tried recoding the answers to follow Qualtrics language code (e.g. EN, ES, PT-BR, etc.) and writing "&Q_Language={q://QID2/SelectedChoicesRecode}" into the querylink, but it either fails the link or only chooses "EN".
I need to be able to successfully show the second survey in the language that is chosen on the first.
Any advice would help!
Thank you!

How did you connect the two surveys? using API's?

They are connected with branch authentication and query links. The first survey assigns a random Login ID, which is then piped into the URL and is auto authenticated when the recipient verifies their email address.

Are the surveys two different projects or under the same project just not shown for the first part or how is this set up?
Thinking that just writing the string as you're showing would ultimately lead back to the same project survey that the code is on. Not sure how to point to another survey project but I feel it's doable so I'll try to investigate a little and try and get back to you on this soon 🙂

The surveys are two different projects. I followed the instructions on the support site of how to pull data from one survey to another, but it only mentions writing the URL for one specific language. It doesn't give the option of having the language decided from the previous survey.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43578#Comment_43578Do you have the link for that support page so I can read up on it. We're leaning towards doing something similar so I'd love to learn we actually get there 🙂

Hello again.
I found this page and it also deals with the language at the very bottom. Is this not what you're trying to achieve? Because here it feels like it's detailing everything so Language should be part of the solution as well.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43600#Comment_43600Pulling Data Into a Second Survey (Longitudinal Surveys)
Link didn't work... 🙄

Leave a Reply