How do I create multiple versions of the same survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am building out a survey that will go live in several different countries in multiple languages. I want to tailor the survey to pull the manager name and customize it to the client without creating hundreds of surveys or asking the client up front who their manager was. Ideally, I would be able to send each manager a personalized link with their embedded information for them to distribute, but personal links are only available once.

Any help, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to keep all of the responses in one spot, but also be able to break it up by manager as needed.

I'm not sure your use case, but we do this with location or product surveys. We use Embedded data, passed as a Query String in the URL, to use only one survey for all the data.
So for example, we might set up an Embedded field at the start of the survey flow for Country, and then create separate URLs that say:
surveyURL.com?Country=France OR surveyURL.com?Country=Vietnam
However, if it's either A. awkward to reveal what you're coding in as part of the URL or B. there are spaces in your embedded data (eg. Countries with multiple words (New Zealand or Sri Lanka), or Manager names like "John Smith" "Mary Johnson" etc) then we would do that as 2 steps:
Embedded data (type Text Set)= Loc
Then a series of branches to assign if Loc=1 set embedded data Country (text set) =Argentina, if Loc=2 set Country (text set) =Brazil (I find copy/edit to be very helpful here)
Then if we create URLs
surveyURL.com?Loc=15 OR surveyURL.com?Loc=32
the survey can turn the respective Loc value into the appropriate (more pretty for reporting or display in the survey) Country label.
That same principle could apply, using Mgr=1, Mgr=2 etc to turn into Manager=John Smith and Manager=Mary Johnson, and then your reporting allows you to filter on that data for manager-specific reporting or consolidate an overall view into a single report across all managers.

Leave a Reply