How do I keep 4 answer choices together in a group of 16 that are all randomized? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have a multiple-choice question in my survey. In this question, I have 16 options a respondent can choose from.

I want 4 of these answer choices to be next to one another wherever they get randomly placed.

How am I am able to achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Hello @amorales201!

You can use custom randomization to randomize part of the options from your question. Somethin like this: 

Important to note that the options that  are not randomized can’t be put in a random position all together, they would be always in the same position (like Opc 3, Opc 4 and Opc 5) and all the other options (Opc 1, Opc 2 and Opc 6) would be randomly put on the other positions. 

more info on choices randomization here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/choice-randomization/

Hope this helps!

@amorales201 - You should put the 4 options inside a choice group. There are options to hide the group name and randomize the choices with the group.

@TomG Thanks Tom! This was a great solution and went around what I was looking for.

Leave a Reply