How to apply skip/display logic to side by side matrix questions type | XM Community
Solved

How to apply skip/display logic to side by side matrix questions type

• 2 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have attached a screenshot to better explain what we want. Basically, if the participant selects No then the other side by side matrix should not be shown to them. If there is any other way to go about such questions types, please let us know.

icon

Best answer by NiC 2 August 2023, 15:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi @Mannila,

To start, yes you could create a JS code which can hide the options. But the code will be very specific to your question so someone would probably need to access the question to create a code for the same.

In case you don’t have any compulsion on using this question type, it would be better w.r.t. user experience that you break each statement to a separate question on separate page and the questions you want to ask if respondent says yes can be added with in page - display logic.

When you have so many options congested on a single page it is not very intuitive for a respondent who has seen the survey first time. By asking one question at a time the respondent doesn’t feel overwhelmed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Definitely agree with @NiC that the side-by-side question type is not ideal for this series of questions. The Yes/No question should be separate from the two “If yes” follow-up questions.

Instead of making the two “If yes” questions separate items, however, you might consider putting them in a single Matrix question since they both use the same answer scale.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you @NiC and @MatthewM for your response. I agree with your suggestions and will take them into consideration. I will add them as separate questions: one matrix question that includes all the statements, and if the participant selects "yes," I will use display logic to show a second matrix with two questions on the same scale.

Leave a Reply