How to display certain question to every n'th participant (e.g., every 10th person) | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello all! I'm trying to display one question to every 10th participant who opens the survey link, but I'm very stuck at this. Any help is appreciated!

If you had 10 different questions I would suggest putting them all on one block and then using block randomization to show just one of them. If you only have ONE question this applies to, can the question be on its own block?
If so, you can put the one "random 10% of the time" question in one block, and create a separate block that has NO questions in it.
Then create a randomizer step in your survey flow, put the random block in there. Put the blank block in there. Duplicate the blank block until there are 10 possible blocks. Set the randomizer to show only 1 of the possibilities.
About 10% of the time, the block with the question will be shown. The remaining times, the survey will choose the empty blocks and move right past them because they have no content. Seamless to the respondent.
image.png

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46291#Comment_46291omg this is perfect!! Thank you so much!
I just figured out another way but it doesn't work as well as your suggestion, but I thought I'd put it here anyway xD. I used the quota function and used display logic to have this question displayed only if quota equals to 10 or 20 or 30 etc. But the problem with this is that only completed responses increment the quota and in-progress ones don't, and it actually wastes/losses me a lot of counts. Anyways, thank you so much!!

Leave a Reply