How to export qualtrics survey results to sharepoint/one drive | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

How to export qualtrics survey results to sharepoint/one drive

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

Is there a way I could automatically export survey results in excel and place it in sharepoint or one drive.

This process needs to be automated to even capture new responses.

Please advise would be helpful.

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @POS POS, If you have access to Workflows on the platform, you can easily achieve this by using the Survey Response Received trigger followed by the Microsoft Excel task. It will have you connect with OAuth to your SharePoint/OneDrive and then begin adding each response as a new row to a table. 

You will have to set up the table first and then tell the system which question should apply to which column. 

Badge +1

@nryalls - Yes, I do have access to workflows. Can you suggest

1. What has to be selected here?
    1. Will this also get the responses which were already submitted (i.e. can the responses which were already submitted before creating workflow also be extracted into the excel in SharePoint)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

@POS POS Certainly, happy to help! 

1. Here are the steps to create the workflow. 

Select the option Survey response
Make your selections for options
Add a task
This is the name of the task for adding rows to an Excel table. You’ll have the option to add a user account and then connect your Microsoft account. 
From there you can select your Excel Workbook, both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business documents have appeared here for me. You then choose your Worksheet and Table. Add your fields and map your survey response data using piped text. 
​​​

2. This will not pull in already collected responses as the workflow starts when a new response is collected. However, because you have to build the table prior to setting up the workflow I found it easier to do a full data export from Data & Analytics tab and use that to create my table. I then crossed reference the last Response ID from my export with the first from the workflow to ensure I didn’t have any missing. 

Badge +1

@nryalls  - Thanks for the steps.  Will be trying this and post back shortly.

Leave a Reply