How to send follow-up survey to different experimental groups | XM Community
Question

How to send follow-up survey to different experimental groups

• 18 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have created an initial survey, in which I am to group participants, using randomizer to create Group A (intervention) and Group B (control).  I would like to send a follow up task to each group (different task to each) in seven days.  But I do not know how to programme this.  Is this something to do with email contact trigger?

I would appreciate your help. Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Use event based workflow to send follow up email to the user after initial survey.

Step 1: After initial survey is submitted, create a survey event workflow Survey Response Event (qualtrics.com)

Step 2: And then add task to send email to the user XM Directory Task (qualtrics.com)

Badge +2

Thank you very much Appzk,

I am trying to put each group’s participants to XM Directory task, but because it’s anonymous only email address is the option for the field. Could you advise how to get “Group A” or “Group B” emails there?  Do I use piped text function?

I really appreciate your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

to configure the follow-up survey, by using workflow event you can simply setup a condition for Group A/B

Create 2 workflows for each group with conditions to qualify.

Group A:

Workflow- survey response event

Condition- Group =A

Task: XM Directory to distribute

Group B:

Workflow- survey response event

Condition- Group =B

Task: XM Directory to distribute

Badge +2

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I will try with your recommended procedure - thank you so much!!

Badge +1

This is really helpful. How do I randomly assign the groups in the initial survey? (The initial survey is the same for everyone, but the interventions will start the NEXT day and each group will get their own experimental vs. control intervention each day over two weeks)

Leave a Reply