How to track progress of one group in multiple surveys | XM Community
Question

How to track progress of one group in multiple surveys

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

My group is task to develop a survey to track customer behaviors. We have the customer contact information (i.e. email). Simple enough! Then we were told that we also need to send customer a letter by mail with the URL in case some might not see the email invite. But we need to make sure that each customer only complete the survey once.

My initial thought was to use the authenticator, so I followed the steps, but the didn’t seem to work. So I proceeded to creating two survey and link them together, following the instrument found in this Youtube link. That did work as our ability to customize anonymous have been removed.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts what other method can be use for this issue.

Much appreciate the input in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

One solution you might consider is to pull the survey links from the Distribution History after you send the email invitation, and send them to each customer by mail. There would of course be a lag between receipt of the email and mailed invitations, but that way respondents would get the same link either way.

Badge +1

Thanks @MatthewM.

My team have decided to move forward with creating only one survey. All customers will receive a letter in the mail containing an open-link and those with a valid email will also receive an email invite with an unique link. Customers who access the survey by the open-link will be asked to provide a unique id, which each customer has, for validation and those accessing the unique link will jump into the first question as they are already validated.

Understandably, the risk to this method is that a customer can potentially answer the survey twice. In this scenario, we will accept the latest survey entry and remove the older one. We’ve assessed the risk and deemed it to be low and acceptable.

Thanks again for the reply.

Leave a Reply