Importing responses and text topics which are linked | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello all,
Does anyone know if you can import responses which are already coded and tagged with text topics (outside of Qualtrics), so the tags show in Text IQ and can be used in analysis?
We are looking to import some responses which include text and that have been coded outside of Qualtrics, so we can make use of the advanced functionality in Text and Stats IQ to further analyse the text.
I know it's possible to import topics into Text IQ, via a JSON file and it's also possible to import responses via CSV/TSV, but is there a way to link the data so the tags still show against the imported responses?
We could import the topic tags as a variable and use in Stats IQ but we'd like to be able to pull them into Text IQ as well and I'm not sure if that's possible? Does anyone know a workaround?
Thanks in advance!
Sabine.

If you have already imported the topics and the responses, Text IQ should automatically pick the tags in Qualtrics. I do not see any reason why you would need to tag the responses separately.

Thanks Aanurag for your reply- We have collected open text data outside of Qualtrics which has already been coded, and we want to keep the coding attached but in Text IQ it doesn't seem to assign the right tags (assigned outside of Qualtrics) to the right response? Sabine.

I would like to contribute to this discussion, as I just recently submitted a ticket addressing this very same question (Subject : Import of topic coding not working).
I'm sad to report, Qualtric's position which contradicts Aanurags' statement. Here is the answer received from Support to close my ticket. Indeed it helps !!!!!!
You cannot import manually tagged topics into the platform. All manual tagging must be done within TextIQ.
We hope this helps!
Best Regards,

Leave a Reply