importing responses: Responses could not be imported | XM Community
Solved

importing responses: Responses could not be imported

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I am trying to import response that were done by a 3rd party into Qualtrics. I built the survey and have the responses in a csv file. I mapped all the responses and yet every time the same fields are failing QID2, QID3, QID4, QID5, and endDate. Questions 2-5 are all Yes, No, or N/A. I’ve made sure they are formatted on the survey the same as the csv file. I’ve tried mapping them 1->Yes, 2 → No, etc… as auto suggested when I click into mapping values, I also tried Yes → Yes, No → No, etc… still got the “Responses could not be imported,” and I even tried it by not selecting mapping values, still got the same error response. The endDate field is also failing but I noticed it needs to be yyyyMMdd hh:mm:ss, so I will adjust that when I attempt my next import.

icon

Best answer by kgillis 26 April 2024, 19:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Try uploading without the headers or renaming columns 12-15 and 18 to not have any spaces/colons.

Prior to that, also use the TRIM function in excel to remove any whitespace.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Documenting here the solution that happened on a call with Qualtrics, the date format is case sensitive in excel to Qualtrics. Once I changed the date format it suddenly accepted all of the other values I was trying to import! I still don’t understand why the other columns were hitting errors previously but they randomly resolved once the date format was uploaded as shown below.

Leave a Reply