Is there any way to automatically close responses in progress that have reached a certain question or progress percentage? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Our survey ends with a page of informational text and links to other sites. We are unable to put this information in an end of survey message because some of the information must be shown or hidden based on display logic that is only available within the survey builder.

We frequently have respondents who will close out of this page rather than pressing the ‘next’ button to record their survey response. This leaves a response in progress that has functionally completed the survey. We want to make sure that these respondents do not receive additional reminders and are marked as recorded as soon as possible. I am currently closing these responses in progress manually each morning, but they can sometimes slip through the cracks when I am out of office. I asked our development team to see if this could be done automatically using the Qualtrics API, but they did not believe that to be achievable.

That leaves us with this question: Does anyone know of a way to automatically close responses in progress that have reached a certain question or progress percentage?

Hi @TommyWallace ,

You can use an EOS custom message to avoid the “false” end page. The difference is that instead of displaying or not certain elements in your information page based on display logic, you’ll fill embedded data fields in your survey flow based on branch logic. Those fields can contain html tags and can also be left empty  if needed. You can then pipe-in those ED in your custom EOS message.

That is a great solution that I had not thought of! Just implemented that on our survey.

Leave a Reply