JSON Topics file for Text iQ: specific topics are tagging EVERY response | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’m new to using JSON so I’m hoping someone with more insight can help. My topic dictionary loads just fine to Text iQ and for the most part, responses are tagged correctly with a pretty decent success rate. For some reason, I have three topics that are tagging EVERY response, regardless of the content of the response. I cannot figure out what is different between those lines and the way the other topics are structured in the file.

Here are the three that are tagging everything:

{
      "operation": "insert_topic",
      "topic": {
        "topicId": "Topic_4d1845809431d3d5b7ca7557",
        "label": "Arts/Music",
        "query": "arts not language | art not liberal | art not articulation | art | dance | Dance not school | not dancing | art curriculum | art program | band | band program | choir | chorus | drama | fine art | instrument | music |music program | orchestra | performance arts | theater | violin | visual art"
      }
    },

{
        "topicId": "Topic_3eaa1162eb43b03ae8298243",
        "label": "Discipline",
        "query": "bully | bullying | harassed | aggressive | confront | cyberbullying | intimidate | \"pick on\" | pick on | oppress | behavior | not well behave | behavior not poor | disciplinary | disciplinary not cross | treated | treated not character | cell phone | class management | deal with problem | discipline | disrespectful behavior | favoritism"
      }
    },

{
        "topicId": "Topic_3639622107d7a30d70d497861",
        "label": "Private/Independent School",
        "query": "independent school | not public | prep school | private school"
      }
    },

And here is one that works correctly:

{
        "topicId": "Topic_985b5a09f3d3d2c1236cbadb",
        "label": "Administrative Team",
        "query": "leadership | principal | Superintendent | administrator | administrative | administration | admission director | dean | director of admission | dorm parent | front desk | front office | head of house | house master | house parent | house leader | infrastructure | leadership team | manager | management NOT time | management NOT data | management NOT money"
      }
    },

I don’t know if I just need another set of eyes to look at it, but I’m not seeing a difference in structure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @AnnaHar ,

Can you try the below:

from the first topic remove “not dancing”

from the second, remove “ not well behave”

and from third, remove “not public”

Can you update the topics and let me know how it goes?

@Sowrabh1993 

Thank you! I think that did it. When I click on the topics in the dashboard, it only shows the small handful that include those words now. I inherited this document from someone else, so I will be sure not to add “not” at the beginning of any new terms.

That’s great!

Adding a query only with “Not XYZ” included every comment that did not have XYZ in it. Hence it assigned all comments with these topics.

Leave a Reply