link to the response so it can be deleted? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

when a survey submitted, email is sent to admin; I wonder if I can I add a link(how to generate it?) to the response in that email, so the response can be deleted?

thank you, Natalia

You can send up a task under workflow settings to send Admin email (use email task) and include all the details of the response you wish to include.  You can also include a link to show full record of the response (Our team prefer to embed the various data points in the email instead so there is more format options).  Sounds like maybe this part you have set up already.

However I don’t believe there is anything you can add where ‘clicking the link’ would go through to delete the record.  Deleting a record would require admin to go into the program data and manually delete the record.  There is no options under workflows that I can see which would allow you to do this. 

The other alternative to consider if you are looking to remove the data is consider a time based rule where data is removed or deidentified - refer to Retention Policies (qualtrics.com)

@nonufrie There’s no delete link generated by Qualtrics.
However, you can work around by making a script in that email that use this API: api.qualtrics.com/0cc0b9dcffc6f-start-a-delete-survey-responses-job
Let me know if it helps

@dxconnamnguyen does it mean I need to put a script which uses the API somewhere on the my web server? Can it be put on google drive?

thank you, Natalia

@dxconnamnguyen does it mean I need to put a script which uses the API somewhere on the my web server? Can it be put on google drive?

thank you, Natalia

Yeah, if you have a server. Make a endpoint which gonna get the Response ID through a dynamic link (can be disguise as Delete Button). On the server side you can make the Qualtrics delete API.

Leave a Reply