Linking separate surveys so that an ID is carried forward | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am trying to link together a series of separate surveys in such a way that an identifying variable will be carried forward so that data from the separate surveys can be linked to the same participant. Participants are children so it is not appropriate to ask them to remember their own ID and re-enter it in each survey.
The reason I am using separate but linked surveys is that I have some questions with a specific response format requiring custom CSS code, which have to go in their own separate survey, so far as I understand.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

You can pass the ExternalDataReference for the contact as a url parameter in the first survey's redirect link. Then use an Authenticator in the second survey where the ExternalDataReference is automatically populated. This would make all the contact data available to the second survey.
I think your understanding of what you can do with CSS within the same survey isn't entirely accurate. I'm pretty sure there are ways to solve your formatting issues in one survey. One way might be to add css in a