Looking for how to remove end of survey message? | XM Community
Question

Looking for how to remove end of survey message?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Team,

I need to remove the end of survey message as its a requirement. The survey shouldn't show any default or blank messages once it has been submitted. After the survey is submitted, we don't want anything to be visible.

Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Nikeeta.

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Nikeeta ,

Perhaps you can consider redirecting to another webpage (company homepage or white solid color image) after completing the survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What does that mean "we don't want anything to be visible"?

Shouldn't there be an indication that the survey has ended. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I've customized the end of survey message before by creating my preferred message in the library: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/survey-termination/

Maybe you can create a survey message that is a blank row, or a photo/color matching your survey background, that way it would look empty?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Team,

The customer requires that once the survey is submitted, there should be no confirmation displayed. The process should end immediately upon submission. Although I have tried redirecting the page and using a blank page, both options still result in an additional page at the end. Is there a way to completely hide the end message?

Suggestions on this would be much appreciated. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Nikeeta ,

What do you mean by additional page at the end?

There shouldn’t be any extra pages when you redirect to another website unless you are referring to the temporary redirection site where users can click to redirect manually when auto-redirecting fails.

Customising End of Survey element in Survey Flow to redirect respondents to another website.

Could you provide some screenshot for illustration purpose?

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hello @Chee Heng_SZ,

What Nikeeta meant is, let's assume you receive a survey with 3 questions all on the same page. After filling out the survey and clicking the Submit button, the standard process displays a ‘Thank you’ message. However, in this scenario, that specific End of Survey message should not be shown at all. There should be no redirecting, and the End of Survey page should not appear. When the Submit button is clicked, the survey should simply close and be recorded.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Chee Heng_SZ ,

Thanks for the response.

I have previously discussed with our customer the option of redirecting to a website after survey completion, but they do not want any redirection. They want the survey to simply close and record the response once it is submitted, with no further actions or messages displayed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Sachin Nandikol ,

Correct. I'm seeking for the same.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Nikeeta ,

I found some past threads, which mentioned window.close() being used to close the window tab.

Quoting answer from EOS Message - Script Auto Close Window and editing value from 1500 to 0.

<script>
setTimeout(function(){
window.close();
}, 0);
</script>

Paste the script in End of Survey message’s source.

Note:

This works when the survey is opened through clicking survey link.

It is unable to work when survey is opened by entering the survey link in the browser.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Chee Heng_SZ ,

This survey is being used in an intercept type of Responsive dialogue box. I applied the code to the source of the end of the message, however it did not work for me when I tested it for intercept.

Leave a Reply