Looking to Auto-populate Answers from Multiple Questions into One Single Question | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am looking to auto-populate answers from multiple questions into one single question. For example, if a person responds "x" to Q1 and "y" to Q2, I would like for both "x" and "Y" to populate as the answer choices in Q3.
Questions 1 and 2 are both form field questions with 6 different fields to be filled in. I have included Javascript in these questions to have a mixture of both text entry and drop down options.
Question 3 would follow the same layout as questions 1 and 2 and include the same 6 fields. However, for question 3 I would just like the answer choices from each field of questions 1 and 2 to be displayed.
Would this be possible to achieve? I don't have much experience with Javascript so any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.

You don't JS for this. Store the earlier answers in an ED and use them as your choices.

ahmedA thank you so much for your response. I'm wondering if you could please explain this to me a little further. I'm just wondering how I go about saving the multiple answers from questions 1 and 2 and using them later in the survey. Thank you!

Read the support pages on piped text. This will show you how to get the selected options from a question.

Leave a Reply